g-box (20 - 50 kW)
The g-box. Profitable natural gas CHP system, 20 kW to 50 kW.
The g-box is a profitable natural gas CHP system by 2G in the electrical output range of 20 to 50 kW. It is supplied as a compact, ready-for-connection module. The control cabinet is designed as a separate unit on the module. All control and regulation functions as well as operating elements are integrated into it. Modular assembly facilitates insertion and installation. The g-box not only works highly efficiently, but thanks to a completely enclosed sound cap, it is also very quiet and therefore also suitable for noise-sensitive areas. Thanks to calorific value utilisation, both the g-box 20 and the g-box 50 reach efficient levels of over 100 percent.
Usage of the g-box 20 and g-box 50plus.
The g-box is suitable for commercial buildings or entire housing complexes with heating consumption of at least 120,000 kWh or at least 12,000 litres of heating oil a year. Typical areas of use are:
- Senior citizen centres and hospitals
- Schools and kindergartens
- Shopping centres
- Swimming pools
- Administrative buildings
- Housing complexes
A few examples: At the Hotel SportSchloss Velen, a four-star premium hotel in Velen in the German Münsterland region, modern gas condensing boilers in combination with a g-box 50 supply the hotel complex with electricity and heat. The output of the g-box 50 running on natural gas covers the hotel's base load in the summer months. The electricity generated is mostly used by the hotel itself. The heat is used to heat the swimming pool, amongst other things. At the office building of the offset printer Axel Springer AG in Essen, the g-box 50 is used to supply electricity, heat water and provide heating support. In the traditional stadium "An der Alten Försterei", the home of the second division football team 1st FC Union Berlin, a g-box 50 supplies energy for the central hot water supply of the main stands and the undersoil heating in the stadium and on the training field. At the AQUAMARIS Strandresidenz Rügen swimming pool, the g-box does not only save energy costs. Every year, the same quantity of CO2 emissions as that produced by around 400 detached homes is saved.
What conditions are required on site?
- At least 8 m² of set-up area in the building
- Gas connection (or liquid gas for the g-box 20) is available or can be installed
- Ceiling height in the set-up room should be at least 1.95 m
- At least 0.8 m wide access to set-up room
The g-box at a glance.
- Natural gas CHP range with an electrical output of 20 to 50 kW
- Runs on natural gas or biomethane; g-box 20 also with liquid gas
- Ready-for-connection, super-quiet compact module
- Very economical with high thermal efficiency thanks to calorific value technology (as standard)
- Long running times, reliable and low maintenance
- Modular assembly allows insertion into narrow buildings
- Completely water-cooled, no air inlet or outlet required, thus reducing installation costs
- Energy efficiency class A++ (according to 2010/30/EU)
g-box 20 and g-box 50 plus. Outputs and efficiency levels.
More info at: